I'm having a dry spell in writing lately but I can't let Valentine's pass by without posting something Valentine-worthy. I thought it's my only chance to be "romantic" and share something very personal here in my blog.
I watched Oprah's (I record it everyday) Feb. 13 episode and it was about wedding proposals. My (lost) memory turned back the time when my husband asked me to marry him. I was in the Philippines back then when he proposed to me on my birthday in 2001... over the phone! It was nothing romantic like in the movies but in a heartbeat I said "Yes! Why not, poknat!" I thought I wasn't serious that time so after a week, I told him, "can I think about it?" Then, I would say, yes, then, no, then, maybe, then, not sure, then, i don't know... I was confused and this went on for a month or so! I didn't bother telling my parents or even my friends... But I prayed to God to give me a sign if this is right!!
Until I watched the movie "The Wedding Singer" with my friends in Glorietta... Let me share with you this most beautiful song and video that made me shake in tears and finally realized that he's the one I want to grow old with and share the rest of my life with...
Long story short, after seven or eight Valentines and blissful married years, he still makes me smile every morning.... and most importantly, I still hold the remote control!
Bonus video!! I found a Tagalog Version of this song!!
No comments:
Post a Comment