Thursday, April 1, 2010

Be Frank With Purpose

Hello friends! How's April Fool's day treating you? Recently, I was challenged to handle a very awkward situation. When I want to make a big change in my life and when I want to move forward with clear conscience, it is important for me to make sure that I am not carrying a "baggage" inside me.

I knew that I had to do this at one point, and that right time came when I need to finally make this call to this person and deal with some senseless issues (that are just time-wasters for me). You are now probably wondering, "what the heck am I talking about?" Well, I wanted to blog about this experience because I want to teach others "how to be frank with purpose" to someone close to them and how to leave the conversation without feeling guilty or having to regret that you were able to say what you need to say to that person.

So... how can you be frank to some one with purpose? I said, "with purpose." What an AHA moment! This is so interesting and I'm laughing at myself now, as this topic is so cliche to me! I feel like I'm Oprah here! Ha-ha!

Being frank "purposely" is like beating someone in the head but hoping he didn't end up mentally retarded. That's a joke! But seriously, it is saying an awful truth to some one's face even if it hurts to say it but that's the only way to say it so it sticks to some one's head.... No sugar coating, but just saying the plain and ugly truth (be frank), and telling this person that you are sorry for his circumstances... But this is not your problem and none of your business (with purpose). Then move on.

This is not my first time to be frank purposely with someone. I've done this a number of times and it may feel bad at first, because I may be perceived as "not nice" but eventually, I will thank myself for saving me some frustration or grief at some point. Now, when you have the guts to be frank, don't be rude and don't let emotions rule you, but speak humbly and do it with class and then move on with poise!

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon