Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Your Facebook is Your Reputation

Today, I posted a "heavy" remark on my Facebook (as I was so turned off to see lots of potty mouths when I checked my home page today,) and it goes:

Careless Teens on Facebook... Think before you post your stinky emotions. You may not be aware that what you communicate online is who you are to all who reads them. Google never forgets, so is your friends and your classmates, and your parents' and relatives' friends... so is your college admissions counselor and future employers...

When someone sees your Facebook statuses and you are BS-ing, F-ing, flirting, suggesting sexual acts, sharing racy photos and comments to others.... Remember that you have the whole world as your audience. Whether people know you or not, you are very susceptible to judgment because you and your thoughts are virtually exposed, unprotected, unguarded - whether you are just 9 or 99 years old.

If I could share with you all my perspective... It is a privilege to share something to the world but it comes with huge responsibility whether through blogging or posting on Facebook and other websites... I understand kids today goes through a lot of anxiety growing up, but if I'm smart, why would I share something that will ruin me later, affect my relationships and friendships, destroy my reputation, sabotage my dream career or dream college... And as a parent, why will I not do anything to correct this distasteful and regretful attitude?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to have discovered your blog! Good stuff! :-)

Czarina Trinidad said...

Thanks, Rae!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon