Monday, March 14, 2011

The Fabulous Pinay Finally Speaks The Truth

The truth is I wondered why I don't write blogs as much as before. (What's new pussycat?) The truth is I felt that so many good things has happened in my life already this year that it will make me sound so full of my self if I highlight them one by one. The truth is I feel humbled in many of those milestone moments. And the truth is I just kept it to myself... when I should have spoken the truth.

This past weekend I took the liberty to be with a group of like-minded women in Salt Lake City called the "Ignite Your Spark 2011, Speak Your Truth." I knew without a doubt that this is my event. Not only do I want to ignite my spark but I need lots of fuel to set my ground of fire.... well, that's too graphic, what I'm trying to say is, I needed more courage to step out of my box because I feel like I'm going to breakthrough this year.... I don't know how, I don't know why, but I feel it coming...

The "Speak Your Truth" tag line also inspired me. This personal blog has been my way of speaking my truth for the past several years. I have written humorous tales from my childhood "promdi prabins" days up to my humbling experiences here in the states... All of those served me well to be the strong and independent woman that I am now.

I had many unforgettable memories from this conference, but there was one moment that I will forever cherish. It was when I shared to a few women a personal testimony as they shared to me their own dreams and what they hope to gain from this conference... Last year, I once felt fear and had gone through some adversity. Those days I so-called my "Ramen Noodle days" really tested me, my bank account and most especially, my attitude. As an advocate of self-empowerment tools like books, magazines and audio CDs on positive thinking, visualization, attitude of gratitude, law of attraction, etc. I knew those moments were the perfect opportunity for me to put these wisdom to action. I even highlighted them in a few blogs, like the New About Me, and the Four Fearless Steps that Made a Difference in my Life. There was only one thing for sure that I did. I MADE A DECISION. And I act upon it, and the rest was history.

Lastly, I wanted to share this inspiration that I got from the conference: "How does one become a butterfly? someone asked.... It is when you want to fly so much that you're willing to give up being a caterpillar." The truth is, without focus and action, your dream remains just that.

1 comment:

MLP aka SHAMEL said...

Do you not blog anymore? I like you work, I was just wondering.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon