Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 The Year of the Fierce Pinay

Every beginning of the year is the time when I would sit at a corner and think and envision what my new year would be like... This is also the time when I review my past year's blogs and see what I highlighted in my life. My last year's over all mission is CHANGE. Attitude change, check! Career change, check! Fabulous to Fierce, check!

Today I declare for myself that 2011 is the Year of the Fierce Pinay. The past year I have followed women celebrities who inspired me to find my fierce self - Tyra, Oprah, Ellen, Katy Perry, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, to name the famous ones. These are women who celebrated self-empowerment in their talk shows and songs, who values self-acceptance of our own uniqueness - of ethnicity, color, body, face, and attitude! I also follow a few extraordinary people with good inspiring teachings and stories of their journey, their struggles in order to succeed in their career and businesses. Now that I have laid my foundation for my fierceness, I can not wait for what 2011 will bring me!

If there is one fierce Bible verse that I will live by in 2011, it is to live the Ephesians 3:20 life: "Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us..." To put it simply in my own phrase - "what I ask or think about is powerful within me and that GOD is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond for me..."

If there is one song that would empower me to start this new year with some bang, that would be Katy Perry's FIREWORK! This is my New Year's song. Here's to all the fierce men and women of the world who decided to work the power within them to realize all their dreams this 2011, "You just gotta ignite the light, And let it shine, Just own the night, Like the Fourth of July..." Remember, "Baby, you're a Firework!!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're awesome! Way to be FIERCE!

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon