Monday, August 27, 2012

What Makes A Woman Truly Beautiful

What is true beauty? What makes a woman truly beautiful?

I have exhausted my self lately on my personal quest of finding what true beauty is and what makes up a beautiful woman. I collected images of different women of all ages, races, colors and shapes... I read articles about remarkable women of our times, memoirs of ordinary women who lived extra-ordinary lives, watched movies about powerful women of my generation, captivated by the most loved and most hated women on TV and entertainment, and even consumed myself of beauty quotes that I would regularly post on my Facebook wall every now and then.... Most of the time, I found myself intoxicated with wisdom that profoundly brought clarity to me about the world and myself as a woman... 

MY PERSONAL AHA! MOMENT:
A woman's true beauty  is an experience that I invite to my life, that I feel within me, that I learn from others, that I empower my self with, that I enjoy to share, that strengthens me and everyone around me...

A TRULY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IS...

A mother who fights with all her strength beside her son who's battling leukemia.

A young mother who shines when she takes her baby to experience life's great adventures before he can even walk.  

A girl who behaves in public with grace and good manners saying 'thank-you', 'sorry',  and  'please', controls her lingo, and builds healthy relationships with her family members, friends, and colleagues.

A woman who loves her self and carries her self with confidence, whose heart-warming smiles brightens the day of every body whom she talks to, and not letting anything or anybody steal her joy.  

A single mother who listens to her daughter's pains, dreams and desires in life, who makes her feel loved, valued, important and assure her how beautiful she is.
 
Someone who lets nobody stop her from being great, for making a difference in the world, who loves what she does even if some people ridicule her passions, who inspires other women to embrace her talents and uniqueness, who brings honor to our country, who brings peace to the troubled and laughter to the lonely....

She doesn't even have to be a human... She could be a short furry four-legged beauty who would lick the tears off my face... 

I was floored when I found this quote that describes the most beautiful people...


Beauty is not something that we can buy or wear or can or can't afford to show off. It's not something that we inject on our face and body, either. So, let's not get caught up in our appearances when we look at our selves in the mirror to judge our own beauty. It's not someone else's job to tell us if we are beautiful or not. Being beautiful inside and out is a daily decision that we affirm to ourselves. 



1 comment:

Czarina Trinidad said...

My examples of Truly Beautiful Women I listed here is only a few to save space. My personal experience of truly beautiful women started at my early age, in different places, in several circumstances. I think of them and thank them and I feel truly beautiful already.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon