Hello friends! You're probably wondering whatever happened to me and my blogging... I just hibernated offline. That's all. Let me bring back my funny self here again. I know some of you miss my blogs and my sweet and innocent sarcasm. I know I do! Well, I haven't changed much except my hair is longer now... I'm still the same kind and loving person that you knew who will never raise a finger at you, even if you're a d-ck like Kanye West. Smiling now? Good.
Well today, I went to my semi-annual dentist visit. Nothing too exciting happened as everything is good, and I didn't swallow anything that they put in my mouth, and they didn't rip my lips apart. They always complimented my shoes and purse, then my teeth! My dentist always tells me that I have the most beautiful teeth and that I just saved my self $5K for taking good care of it all these years. I want to give that credit to my mother who's been very concerned of our teeth since we were little kids.
I observed all these years that I've lived in the US that kids visiting the dentists are always happy and excited. They are given treats and treated really well. They're all smiling and having a good time.
Let me take you back 30 years ago in the little town I grew up in, called Sta. Cruz, Marinduque. I have a different experience as a kid visiting the dentist. I can't remember the name of this only male dentist in town (I'm sure my mom or my dad can tell whom I'm talking about...), but I still remember his dental office was dark and scary on a second floor building near our church, and he was smoking and a bit drunk sometimes, and always has blood shot eyes. I was terrified of him every time! It only took forever before a new lady dentist came in town.
Maybe nobody ever knew this, but when I was a little kid, there's two things that I wanted to have in life.... I wanted to wear eyeglasses and I wanted to have dentures! No kidding! I've always looked at my grandparents' dentures at night with such delight in this clear glass... It was emerged in water and I thought they were so beautiful and special. One night, when I thought my Lolo Sabino was already asleep, I tried his dentures on... yes, both of them in my mouth... Ok, I'll stop now as it's gross. Long story short, I changed my mind that night and decided I have to take care of my own teeth and keep it as long as I can. I got my wishes on the eyeglasses at 6th grade, but no thanks for the dentures.
You want to hear my opinion on dentures and gums? I swore before that I will never marry a man with dentures, and I didn't. I also remember telling my sister before not to ever date a man with purple gums as they can't be trusted. I don't know where I got that from, but obviously I still think that until now.
No comments:
Post a Comment