Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fierce Versus Fabulous: Challenge to Change

I had called an interview with my alter-ego, Fabulous Pinay, today to straighten out both our identities here. My goal is to pick her brain and see if I could convince her to take on a challenge for me.

ME: Hello, Fabulous Pinay. I wanted to comment about your earlier blog as you were sort of mocking me, and you were trying to make fun of my new career blog.

FP: First of all, I wanted to say hello to all my fans out there! And thank you for meeting with me today, Miss Sasha Fierce.

ME: My name is Czarina Trinidad, and not Miss Sasha Fierce. Fierce is the word that I used a while back to define my self reinvention. As you know, I have started my new blog about my personal branding project and I am just concerned that your identity may be hurting what I'm trying to do.

FP: I know what you're trying to do. You wanted to be more FAMOUS than me. You are just jealous because I'm cuter and funner!

ME: I am not jealous at all. But I do wanted to be just as FAMOUS as you. I just wanted to ask you if you could stop mocking me.

FP: Did you get offended when I said you could eat men for lunch? Then spit them out? Whip and kick them? Not let them rule and walk all over you?

ME: Let's be serious here. I wanted to ask you if you could reinvent yourself as well. Like be an expert of something and write about it. Maybe you could gain more readers. For example, are you an expert in fashion? Do you have an opinion?

FP: OMG! I want to tell those women wearing these horrible looking shoes. Those boots called UGG for ugly. And those called Crocs for crocheads! Why do women think they're cute in it? I don't care if they're comfy... it looks retarded to me. I'm sorry. I can never be caught dead on those shoes.

ME: I appreciate your opinion, although a little outrageous there with some risky words. That is something that I was hoping you could change to something positive about the way you say things in this blog. Can you take that challenge? Like to sound inspirational? For example, can you say something "nice" about ambitious women?

FP: Hmmm... I want to say something nice about the men in the lives of these ambitious women, like their husbands for example.

ME: Okay, go on. If I'm your reader, I want to hear something positive.

FP: There is nothing hotter than a man who cheers his wife to succeed and achieve her dreams, and there is nothing sexier than a man who is not intimidated by her ambitions and her shoes.

ME: That's fantastic. Can you take my challenge to be the new inspirational Fabulous Pinay in this blog? As they say, keep writing something nice and nice readers will come. And you can still be cute and fun!

FP: Oh, thank you, Miss Sasha Fierce! I can take that anytime.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon