Back in January, one of my clients had asked me this and I had a brain-freeze because of too much Cheetos, I was seeing lots of orange. I thought I knew myself too well... but sadly, I had no clue at that moment.
When I was a kid, I thought, "I wanted to become a nurse, or a lawyer." Then when I was in college, I thought, "I wanted to become a flight attendant." The reality after college, I chose to go a different path, and worked in a prestigious 5-star hotel in Manila and aimed for a sales manager position, which had been the case as I had planned. I migrated to the US, married my best friend and made some of our dreams come true. So, I thought I already have a pretty good success story, but I was not convinced... It's not even close.
Let's go back to answering this cliche question of what I wanted to be when I grow up... This is almost like a very spiritual moment for me. I prayed really hard.
I remember my favorite Bible verse. If ever there was a case that every Christian should "own" a verse, here's mine: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13. I have this engraved in my heart since 1999.
It was truly an AHA moment when I looked back in my blogs and in almost all of my public profiles, as I found the answers there. Part of what I wanted to be when I grow up, aside from becoming a professional career woman that I am now, is to become a model, an actor, and a writer.
In my biggest leap of faith this year, I have planned to set myself to success, to empower myself to create opportunities to achieve all these lost childhood dreams, and mentally picture this happening in my mind and affirm every day that "with God, nothing is impossible" (Luke 1:37). To start living and breathing this affirmation, I have started creating a "Memoir" of my self, and bought my own domain, http://www.czarinatrinidad.com/. In this personal website, I will write my life's purpose and dreams... my own mission and vision... and it will be out there in the world to see on how God faithfully declared His plans for me.
1 comment:
How ambitious of me! Or should I say, how faithful of me! So this truly is a leap of faith when I posted this. This year 2010 will be the year of opportunities for me. If I could inspire just one soul out there to lift her/his chip up, believe in her/himself and chase her/his dreams and not stop until he or she makes it happen.... I think I already have realized my purpose of being...
Post a Comment