Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Why I'm Telling My Story

I just recently changed the look of my confessions blog and wrote this preface under the title:

"The most important story I will ever tell is the story I tell to myself about myself. This story creates my reality and moves my life towards my passion and purpose." (I got this inspiration from Cassie Ashton, speaker at Ignite Your Spark).

I received few emails from random people before why I don't write my story anymore in this blog.... Now that I have time to update all my blog accounts, I read through my written history and realized that I have defined myself very well (especially in my Career Blog than in my personal blog). I was able to relate again to my old blog in 2010 about my"Ambition to Meaning." This brought vivid thoughts in my mind that I'm constantly in crisis when it comes to really knowing what my purpose is.

So, why am I telling my story now?

Most people just watch and wander around through their existence in this world and allow life and circumstances happen to them. Worse, they don't even know who they are, what they want to become so they let the world, the media or their loved-ones define them - sometimes in a harmful and self-destructing way. When I started blogging 4 or 5 years ago, I knew in my gut that I don't want to be one of those people who just went to work without passion, partied on the weekends and lived their life without purpose. I knew I was unique and I had to acknowledge my Creator and share my gifts to the world. But deep inside me, I continuously struggled to have to buy my own story and authenticity as I never claimed a clear purpose why I'm doing what I'm doing...

Those years of blogging about me, my experiences from childhood, my activities and dreams in life as a young adult, my challenging and humbling moments, and overcoming many obstacles here in the US - have defined me and my character just how I have written it. And powerfully, it has molded my destiny and prepared me to take my first baby steps toward greatness.

I've read a while ago that before I can convince others of my greatness, that I have to buy into my own story. I must define first my priorities, know my values and believe in my purpose. And only then I can effectively share my story, my service, my passion or myself to others.

I remind myself everyday that it's good to be humble, but I don't have to mumble my life away.... I just know like I know that I just have to sing this song inside me and see that my song is sung...


I could go on and on vaguely here, but I only want this one to be a foreword of what's coming up next here in my confessions blog. I have an exciting mission that I'd like to announce later to everyone... I just need to take a big deep breathe here and kick some left-over fear in the face!

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon