Sunday, November 23, 2008

Creation of the Power Ring

Part of our managers retreat in Sundance Resort this week is to cultivate our creativity, whether it's in pottery or jewelry making. Knowing that I'm obviously NOT a big bling fan, I signed up in the jewelry making class. I thought we were just gonna do some bead work. But I was wrong.

Here's my photos of the "Creation of the Power Ring" from Sundance Resort's Art Shack's Jewelry making class. This will be Zermatt's souvenir for me. What a treat!


There were hundreds of stones to choose from. Turquoise is my favorite! I have every kind, but I don't have a ring yet... so it was not a hard decision. I needed silver to wrap it around. (Excuse my unmanicured nails!)


Fire melted another piece of silver to attach both ends. Made sure it fits just right.


I used a silver plate as a base. I had to cut it around and attached both wrap and base together.


My right hand middle finger is size 8! The power ring will hold this.


I attached the silver ring to my base. Can't you see the excitement on my face?

Tada!! Here's my finished product after polishing.


Next step will be... Manicure?

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon