Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God Bless America, Land That I Love

Tonight was an eventful and passionate night for America as the whole world watched us made history. WE as a nation have just elected our first black President.

I was anxious to come home from work to be glued on the election news coverage. After I prepared my toasted corned-beef sandwich for dinner, I have just turned my kitchen into somewhat like my own newsroom. My TV was on ABC News. On my laptop, I was in Yahoo, Google and CNN websites. Then on my blackberry, I was chatting with my friend in NY as I watch the live news coverage at Time Square as it becomes quite the party place. And at the same time, I was talking to my sister in Houston on the phone. I was wired and hooked on this election results and not paying attention at all to Utah's first winter snow storm that's dumping outside.

It was around 9:00PM Utah time when ABC News officially declared Obama as the President-elect. I could not contain my emotions as I see Obama's face on all my websites home page, and people screaming, crying, hugging and kissing on TV. It was a very emotional experience for me, even if I was just at home. I was happy deep inside me that Obama won this presidential election. I suddenly felt confident and proud to be living here in America as a second class citizen, and witnessing this promised change unfolding right before my eyes. Millions of Americans have gathered in major cities and turned their streets and city parks into a unity party celebrating this momentous day. I was very humbled and got teary-eyed after McCain's and Obama's speeches. I have never been more proud of America as this minute than the last 7 years that I lived here.

Yesterday and today, I keep singing "God Bless America". For the sake of my vanity and patriotism to America that I now call home, I have recorded my self singing it in acapella. I'm not an American but I'm a true American at heart and have always tagged myself as an "All-American-Girl." So to celebrate our nation's democracy and freedom, I wanted to share with you all the song that keeps playing in my head these days. May God bless this beautiful country and land of opportunity and all of us whose American dream still lives in our hearts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MWAH...now you got me teary eyed... Just me..Marie

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon