I can keep writing on and on, but believe it or not, I am not the most opinionated person that you will ever know. There may be a ton of issues around me that I may not even be aware of until you tell me or until I watch it on TV or browsed through the internet. When people are talking passionately about issues on religion, finance, politics and even homosexual rights, I keep my mouth shut. Even if I can hear people stubbing each other's back, it goes to one hear out the other. But since I know that the freedom of speech still lives in this country, I’ll use my writing to voice a piece of my mind on several topics that I care and don’t care about… I’ll be very frank here but please don’t take my “opinions” personally.
Polygamy
This is a popular topic about Utah, and I’m tired of it. LDS at present time don’t practice this anymore. However, Fundamentalist LDS still does and they live in their own private community in southern Utah. This is part of their religious belief. Leave them alone as they will never try to convert you. I believe this polygamy is still being practiced all over the world. So quit bugging Utahns about it. YOu want my opinion? It will not work for me. Imagine that I’m already a lot of work for my husband. If he has to manage 4 more of me, he would end up in a mental ward.
Family
I remember in kindergarten, my teacher taught us that FAMILY means “Father and Mother, I love you.” Obviously and sadly, the “FAMILY” in our generation is under attack. If your parents are still happily married together at this point, then you are rare as a diamond.
Marriage and Divorce
Marriage is an act of love between God, man and a woman. That’s what my Pastor implanted in our minds on our wedding day, and that’s what I will believe in for the rest of my life. However, for some, marriage is just a piece of paper, and nothing more. Sad but true, most people have done everything they could to mess up this simple sacred sacrament. At present, every other marriage is expected to end up in divorce. Remember, marriage is not an escape, so is divorce.
Gays, Lesbians and Same-Sex Marriage
Can I tell you how thankful I am that I am married now? If I remained single at 33, I will be so worried to death in dating and scaring a straight guy. Gays and lesbians are like sand in the beach. They’re all over the place. I have best friends that are gays and lesbians, and they are good people. I love all my friends for who and what they are, and I accept them for who they love and sleep with or marry, even if they marry a goat or a horse!!! Their lifestyle is their own personal choice and moral issue. I chose NOT to deal with it.
Wild Teenagers
They are products of irresponsible parents. Period. I can’t say much because I don’t have one, I don’t want one, hopefully I will never have one, and thankfully I was not one.
Christmas Gift Giving
If my friends and family happens to read this part, I do not plan to give anymore material gifts this Christmas. And I DO NOT WISH to receive anymore gifts! So please… I don’t need any more purses, shoes, jewelry, accessories, candles, kitchen stuffs, house décor, etc. And I’m sure you don’t need anymore stuffs! If you have extra money to spare, please give it to those who really need it or donate it to your favorite charity. What I will be willing to give to and receive from my friends and family is TIME. Nothing more but quality TIME… Like let’s sit down and have coffee and chat and laugh out our tears and pains away. Let’s inspire each other and pray together for peace and healing. I think that will be the most precious gift I could ever give and receive this Christmas and throughout the year.
Filipinos in America
Most people that I meet at work thought I was born and raised here in America because of the way I talk. I have acquired a bit of that Amercan accent. But when they get to know me a little better, they will know that I totally had a different lifestyle in the Philippines seven years ago and that English is only my second language. It is very interesting to be exposed to both American and Filipino culture here in America. The more that I want to be Americanized, the more I feel proud that I’m Filipino, and different. Filipinos here in America, they are still the funniest people on earth, no matter if they have everything in life or have nothing…
Life
Life is short. Spend it with laughter around good friends and loved ones. Take a job that you love. You may have all the nice and shiny things on earth but you can never take them when you die. Nourish your soul and know your Lord and Savior, because at the end of your life, He will only look for one thing and it’s not how much or how little good you did on earth…. It’s who reigns in your heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment