My tale of a terminal gate traveller today began when my 11AM Delta flight out of Salt Lake City to Seattle was moved to another gate, got delayed 3 times, then eventually cancelled at 1PM due to mechanical aircraft problem. My day battle at the terminal to get to Seattle (my company is sending me to present in a day sales event) started with a 3 mile marathon in my high heels from one gate to another and back and forth among 70+ blood-thirsty passengers bitefighting for 2 forsaken seats! After two frustrating and failed attempts to be watilisted, 3 bottles of Snapples, one chicken sandwich and a Krispy Creme, I just had to give up and end this saga of this miserable trip. I have decided to just cancel my entire flight, hotel and shuttle as it was not meant to be. Pout! Then I found out that my luggage managed to fly on its own to Seattle to do the sales mission for me!
One interesting moment in my last terminal gate was when I was chatting with a couple of passengers and I handed them out my business cards. He recognized me as a Filipina and asked if I have a website? Pause. I was flattered for a second! In my mind, which one should I give him? Business or personal? I have way too many! So I asked him instead to just Google my name and check my Google Profile and he can check which website he wants to see...
To remind me of this learning experience, and to treat myself after all that I have gone through my terminal gate journey, I managed to shop and bought this thick beaded necklace and this fabulous purse at 75% off!
But at the end of the day, I am just really, really happy that I am finally back home and have my beloved twins in my arms... and write a blog about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment