
Or my mind-blowing experience at the "Body Worlds 3 and The Story of the Heart" Exhibit in Salt Lake City on their last day on January 11th?
I have attached here this video clip that I found in YouTube so you could understand what it is and why this is such an unforgettable experience for me and my husband. And why you should go to this exhibit if it happens to be in your area (it's a travelling show!).
In my lifetime, I've been to a number of art and historical museums, from paintings and photographs, to sculptures in different cultural level, but they were all man-made type of exhibit. I've also been to exhibits of preserved wild animals and dinosaur relics. But there is nothing like the Body Worlds. It was an exhibition of authentic plastinated human bodies. Human bodies like what you and I have that were created only by God, in HIS image.
I was so excited to come to this particular Body Worlds Exhibit because it focused on the Human Heart, thus the title is called the "Body Worlds 3 and The Story Of The Heart." If you care to know, I'm a registered Heart Donor (as stated in my Utah ID). Meaning, if God decided to take my life away, I want to give away my fabulous heart to donate to someone needing a heart transplant. So, I came to know what human hearts really look like. They have a lot. Different kinds and sizes... They were pretty interesting and...
Gross! In our first 5 minutes inside this exhibit, somebody passed out, like literally fell on the floor! This exhibit was pretty intense so if you have a thin stomach and sensitive to these kinds of visuals (dead bodies, brains, nerves, internal organs, skeletons, and such) then you should just stay home and watch "The Bachelor" reality show and just figure out why smart and beautiful women can do stupid things on TV, like find true love. When my husband saw this lady collapsing in the middle of the room, he quickly grabbed me to make sure that I was fine, err, no... to make sure that I'm there if he passed out next! Luckily, we were both brave enough to finish the exhibit and made it through two hours of grueling educational tour of our human anatomy with the help of dead human bodies turned to "human beef jerky." (Now that I just mentioned it, I am not eating beef jerky anymore!)
What really touched my heart in this exhibit are the parts where they showed the developmental stages of an embryo until it was a 30 week-old fetus, the difference between a non-smoker's lungs, and a smoker's lungs (Shocking difference!! The smoker's lungs were black!!), and the story of a heart-donor recipient who lived for 5 more years, the story of a broken heart and its physiological effects to the human body, and the functions of the heart and its diseases and cures, etc.
It also states there that a person with a happy heart has a healthy heart and will/can live longer, more meaningful lives. Therefore I conclude, my fabulous heart is a happy and healthy heart, and my charming husband is absolutely taking good care of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment