Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Salmonella Who?

"Salmonella who?"

That was my first response to my husband when he told me about Salmonella last night.

First, I thought Salmonella was some new R&B or country singer. Then I thought, it was an Italian Pasta and Seafood dish. Or so I thought I was blonde....

"Bad news for you, honey, but there's a nationwide Salmonella Peanut Butter Recall! It's all over the news!" he said.

"No way!!! You're joking, right?" I cried out of disbelief.

This is what happens when I don't watch the news anymore! Before I face this upcoming torture, I researched this today and yes, there is a bloody peanut butter recall all over America right now. I'm not going to explain this much in details because there is such a thing now as the Internet and you can research about it yourself.

But, please! This is causing me such a big deal of pain in my booty! Giving up my peanut butter is like giving up my stilettos and high heels! This is just impossible.

So today, I went through my snack drawer at work, and my pantry at home and believe it or not, these are my favorite things that I have a lifetime supply of... everything with Peanut Butter flavor, also known to me as "better than chocolate!"

But wait! Here's the part that made me feel like it's the saddest moment of my life... that is giving up my Peanut Butter Passion Ice Cream... (God, why? What have I done to deserve this?)

So, as my hubby cuddles me for emotional support, he said, "Honey, I still love you even if you have Salmonella." I asked him, "How will I know if I have symptoms of Salmonella?"

He smiled and said, "Your eyelids will turn green!"

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon