I was reading lately about how to make my blog a success by keeping a brand identity. Like readers want to see something that they will expect out of you everytime they see your blog. I realized that I really don't have one and I have been blogging for almost two years now. I'm not surprised because I knew back then from the start that I have a blog identity crisis, which only my family and friends can understand on a personal level (since I only write about personal schtuffs here!). But I see that random people who doesn't really know me take a peak at my confessions blog and they find me a little bit weird... like a split-breed between a rebellious bionic woman turned gay-drag queen versus your small town dream girl next door turned vain fashionista country living diva!!!
Good example is when I experimented and featured my resort here in my personal blog for a few times last week, and I see that few passers-by got really excited about what more I have to say about my work. My tone was straight forward and some people liked it, and they liked me just like a scoop of plain vanilla... (Or I think, my hot photo in my two-piece swimsuit really helped!! Uh-huh!!)
Then all of a sudden, I posted my pre-meditated goofy self image in a curly blonde wig and they thought they were haunted all of a sudden by a drunken, retarded blogger who is chanting "Ur So gay and you don't even like boys....."
So, to take my "straight face and professional life" to the next level and start building my brand identity in the bloggers' world, thus the creation of my new Utah Savvy Diva blog came to place. If you like me "straight and pro," check out my work blog.
And for all of you who are enchanted by my personal blog identity crisis and usual crazy antics here in my confessions blog, just stick with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment