Saturday, January 23, 2010

Only Our Temporary Home

I'm balling right now, oh well, since last night. Not because I have to shovel this one foot snow from the overnight storm that dumped on us, but because I was listening to Carrie Underwood's new song, 'Temporary Home" from Youtube as I wanted to share it in my Facebook. Now I can't help but to blog about it...

I try to avoid watching depressing news everyday but I can't ignore anymore this recent apocalypse in Haiti. This is a sign of the times. A big flashing neon sign from our Creator and He is telling us that this is only our temporary home.

I can relate to this song personally. It is powerful and deep. And I don't have to go as far as Haiti to tell you... But I just have to look around me, at people I know who are my closest friends and relatives... Kids struggling through their parents' divorce, teens not getting the right attention, single moms who try to make ends meet to support their children, sick people fighting for their lives, or ordinary families just simply working so hard in America to keep their house and their jobs in this unstable economy... and I can go on and on.

I know this is only a temporary home for me, so whatever great opportunities come my way, I have to grab it... Whatever sadness and adversities, I have to win it. Whatever prosperity and success, I have to share it. Whatever daily blessings, I have to be grateful for it. Whenever God gives me one more day to live, I want to make it a happy day. And that's my choice.

Check out this new beautiful song of my favorite singer, Carrie Underwood. And I hope that whatever your temporary home is like, I hope you believe that you can have a choice to make it worthwhile, even for just a day.


No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon