Thursday, January 28, 2010

Intervention of My Self Reinvention

I have a personal testimony to make. Far long ago, sometime in 2009, something must have happened to me that I never noticed until now. I was unconsciously changing myself - in the big sense of the word. I feel that my Fabulous Pinay alter-ego here is barely hanging in there with all her heart and wit.... because the Promdi girl that I once knew is no longer existent... What a sad day for me to finally say goodbye to my older promdi version and let her lay to rest in peace now, leaving us all her wonderful and fun stories of a small girl in a small town with big dreams.... I'm glad she was able to write her stories in my blog at the very start called the Promdi Series, and now her memories will forever live.

Few weeks ago, I admitted that I have changed. I don't know how long ago, but I have reinvented my whole self. I didn't know how it became possible, but I am liking now my new version. I want to call it my FIERCE version. Fierce has a lot of definition. But the one that matched my fierceness is the one that means "furiously eager and intense," "powerful," and "passionate". Or better yet, in the slang dictionary, it means "really good." Like some fierce coffee!

2009 was a tough year for me and for a lot of people here in America. I decided that if I had to do something different, it will be to change and reinvent myself to keep up with the ever changing trends in the work force industry. So I became more daring, more fearless, more courageous, more adventurous, more valuable, more visible, and more motivated. I can't even remember if I blogged about it, but I knew I had something going on in me. And this is me now.

In short, I am changing my tone and point of view from now on here in my Confessions of a Fabulous Pinay blog. The Fabulous Pinay has now grown up in her journey in this blog. She is now a woman of strength and inspiration. She will no longer insult her waistline, humiliate her weakness to Cheetos, underestimate her confidence in her dreams, or under appreciate her un-motherhood, and will no longer degrade other women who refuse to wear bras... or to promote smelling like mexican food if she needs to go to a mexican car repair place... or to encourage other straight married women to fall in love with Adam Lambert's adorable gayness. She may still be funny and witty when appropriate, but her main purpose now is to share more of her true self and in the long run, may no longer use an alter ego.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon