You must have seen somewhere here in my blog page that I described myself as an "Actress-Model wannabe"... Well, today was a big day for me as I had a chance to turn back and see if this long lost childhood dream is still alive and breathing....
Today, I went to a talent audition here in Park City. I was very excited. So I did what I have to do to prepare for it. Last night, I turned down a dancing and clubbing party with my friends, and healed my sinus headache, cold and sore throat. I gargled, cleansed my nasal passages with the Neti Pot, and knocked myself out with Benadryl. I woke up this morning feeling so much better and thought that it will be a very interesting day. But I don't know what to expect. All I know is they are looking for actors, models and voice over talents.
Is this an audition for America's Next Top Model, or for a new Victoria Secret campaign? I was hoping for the second one! Will I be ready to strip down my shirt and shoot a testimonial of how this Miracle Bra changed my whole life? What accent am I going to use when they make me talk? I practiced with my husband if I sound convincing with my Russian accent, or if I should talk like Penelope Cruz. And not only that, the big deal for me was... What am I going to wear? Should I arrive in this audition like a dazzling and glittery Hollywood celebrity in a spectacular furry and sequined outfit, or should I wear my tiara and ballgown and sparkly gloves and my angel wings like some enchanted Princess.... Whatever! I didn't want to be late so I looked like what I looked like yesterday going to work.
It was held at the Silverado Lodge at the Canyons Resort in Park City at 12 noon. There were few kids, and a couple of older people at that time... so I thought, this is not going to be very competitive and I felt comfortable right away. After filling out a couple of forms, they made me practice a short dramatic script. My character was Scarlet, a frustrated, undereducated 36 year-old woman married to her unsupportive husband, Mike, in a heartbreaking scene... and I'm supposed to show some tears somehow when I said the lines... "and now it's all my fault! (pause) But I never asked you to marry me."
The frustrated actress in me was reconceived and was reborn at that very moment when I was whispering my lines as I practiced behind my big hair, trying to sink in to that emotional character. The photo shoot and filming only took a couple of minutes. I looked at the camera as Scarlet as I said all my lines emotionally, and broke into tears, a la superstar Nora Aunor.
So that was my day! Hopefully they'll call me back in two weeks for a second round of audition. (So I can blog about it more!!) So, wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment