Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Literary Criticism: The Author and Her Blogs

Literary Criticism: The Author and Her Blogs
February 13th, 2008

The author of these blogs uses a contemporary expressionist literary art form through blogging. She attempts to portray the inner workings of her mind by effectively allowing her readers’ mental states to stimulate through her poetic presence in the cyber world, whether she wants to make us fall in love in her poetry or fall from our seat in her comedy. The author used her own comical character through her subordinated representation of her emotional and visionary experiences, and exhibited a profound disillusionment of her self and the world that she is in.

The author has successfully brought me into her own world, may it be purposely or accidentally. Her innocent sense of humor was evident through her stories from her childhood to her young adult life. She is absolutely a beautiful woman but in her writings she portrays contrasting images of her self as a transvestite, aswang, or kuba, etc. I am convinced that this is her way of showing her creative imagination while still exampling humility. Even her blog’s main title, “Legacy of my Foot Prints,” announces that she has remained grounded.

In her newest post, “The Buzz Interview,” She has created her own fantasy here of becoming a celebrity being interviewed and intrigued somehow by her own blogs. While reading it (and laughing) to my self, I have unconsciously engaged myself in this plain conversation and have related somehow to the characters of the interviewers. This was simple but effective way of her to communicate to her friends commenting on her blogs.

I may or may not personally know this author, I may be her close friend or just a Friendster passer-by who became her fanatic blog reader. I admired her for her boldness in exposing herself to criticism and ridicule. But technically, she’s got talent and she’s fearless to unleash the true artist in her through her writings. Her artistic passion, personal liberty, and self-expression through her blogs reveal that she could empower herself to become any character she wants to be. For example, she has mentioned in the interview that she’s like Booba and Volta in real life. So, is she really? Or did I just get carried away by her imagination?

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon