Beauty Meltdown (Or just getting old??)
April 10th, 2008
Ok, enough with my princess illusions and dog drama! I miss blogging and I’m back! My work in the past month or so has taken over my entire life. My hair grew long and frizzy with split ends, my scalp and skin got so dry, and here’s the worst part… I see some wrinkles forming around my eyes and some age spots on my face! Oh No!!! I can’t believe it’s happening now before my eyes… I just wanted to breakdown in tears… Am I getting old already? Somebody help me!!…
I’m convinced that I’m starting to look horrible and I am so concerned. I seriously needed Dr. Belo to unleash the “fabulousity” in me if there’s anything left… In short, I needed some extreme makeover. It’s an emergency! So I first run for help to my hairstylist to revive my crowning glory. Spackled my face with layers of anti-wrinkle, anti-blemish, anti-sun damage, anti-age spots serums, creams and moisturizers. Then had my manicure and pedicure to recover back a little of my confidence, then I realized I’m too hairy and needed to shave my legs and arms, wax my mustache, and pluck my eyebrows! Now, I can start my self tanning ritual to get my JLo glow back! Whew! That was my cheap escape to beauty makeover. I don’t need signature clothes, bags or shoes to feel fabulous. If you want to know my beauty secret, (there’s really none) I just pay attention to details from inside out. I take good care of myself big time. My hair and my shoes are a big deal for me. If I get it right, I feel like a million bucks!…
So it’s going to be my birthday on April 19th! This Friendster is so fun because it announces it to my herd of friends in my list. Let’s see who’s got the time to send me some greetings… Hmmnn? I honestly didn’t even think about my coming birthday. I’ve been travelling during my birthday for the past 6 years and I’m staying home this time. I think I’ll be 32 or 33, I really can’t remember. My real age doesn’t really matter at all to me, but what I feel inside, and guess what? I feel like I’m 23! I feel great, I feel awesome and I feel blessed!…
I remember long time ago that I thought of becoming 40 or 45 years old. I thought that if “everything goes down,” I will do everything in my power to “put it back up!” I will definitely consider Botox, eye lift, breast lift, and liposuction, to name a few procedures. I’m hoping that I won’t really need it soon or in the next 10 years or so. At least for one good reason, I feel good about myself that I still have my original spare parts working fine for me as they are supposed to. In my line of work of meeting and networking with (beautiful) people, I feel quite unique that I’m still all natural (except for my acrylic nails and occasional colored contact lenses - that’s only few of my vanity).
No comments:
Post a Comment