Our Love Story
February 9th, 2008
I met Ronald in 1995 at the Peninsula. He was my best friend and the "kuya" that I never had. We’ll be celebrating our 6th year wedding anniversary this year. I wrote this poem for him two Christmases ago. I want to share this to all of you in the spirit of Valentine’s Day! This is THE BEST POEM I have ever written in my life, and this is OUR LOVE STORY.
RONALD (Our Love Story)
When I met you the first time I only knew,
That you were just one of the nice guys among the few.
But as time goes by you became my friend,
And I trusted you for your kindness and gentleness.
I may have a special place in your heart since then but I never guessed…
Maybe because I was thinking that all we can ever be is just friends.
It must have been God’s plan that He put you in my path,
Early enough in my life that I never realized…
Until one special winter day that I will never forget
How love came by softly between us and how you took away my breath.
I remember when I was young I thought I knew myself too well
That I’m just like that song “When I fall in love, it will be forever…”
Somehow at first I had some doubts about my feelings for you
That I have to give myself time to believe if this is really true…
Farther and longer that I was away from you I was praying
For God’s sign that He really meant me for you…
I have been here and there wishing for my one true love only to know…
That my heart was taken long time ago and it already belonged to you!!!
So our special relationship began with a blissful celebration
With family and friends around wishing us both well…
I gave up all my trust in God that our marriage will be blessed
By many, many fruitful years and forever it will last.
Time came by and came by quick and few trials we have passed…
Many dreams we have achieved together and still many more dreams to catch!!
Today I want to tell you how much I have cherished you over the years…
You’re not only my husband, best friend, and soul mate but my partner in joy and tears.
Thank you for the laughter and giggles you give me each morning that makes my day…
Thank you for appreciating little and big things I do and don’t do everyday…
These past years I have looked back and even though our life isn’t nearly perfect
I thank God that at the end of the day I am wrapped in your arms as my warm blanket!!!
I pray to God this Christmas and New Year be more special for you and me…
It’s not the material gifts that count but how strong our love for each other became to be.
I only ask God will bless us with happier, healthier and wealthier years together.
I look forward to seeing all our dreams coming true as we grow older.
But I have a special wish in my heart today and I pray God will bless us, too…
All I really want for Christmas is a mini-me or a mini-you…
With all my heart, and all my mind and all my soul, forever and ever… I love you!!!
Czarina Trinidad
December 25, 2005
No comments:
Post a Comment