Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
July 17th, 2008
I have to stop what I’m doing today as it is imperative that I write my blog again. After having to go through weeks of emotional roller coaster (and some signs of early menopause, I’m serious about my hot flushes, or is it just heat stress?), I realized that I needed to reconnect with my self again to make sure I’m still sane after all the stress and pressure of my very demanding career and diva lifestyle. Thanks for Friendster blogs that I think this is my best way to pour out my bucket and update you all with what’s going on with my hair, err, with my life.
First of all, I cut my hair shorter again 2 weeks ago! My husband calls me “POGI” because he thinks I was…. I thought, finally, he noticed me that I was handsome after all!
I’ve been stressed lately because of this high gas and food prices. Well, who isn’t? It’s hard to believe that this tough economic time will soon predict my future lifestyle, which is riding my bike to work, dieting for life and shopping at the dollar store.
I’ve been frustrated somehow at work and thought that I wanted to leave and change careers and just become a fortune teller (I’ve been talking to Lily about it for a while, but she disagreed). I researched that they can potentially be famous and make tons of money just by diplomatically scaring people that doomsday is on December 12, 2012, or that they can find their next soul mate in the internet.
I’ve been constantly pressured by my family to have a baby as they waited a long time now to be grandparents. This is not new at all… Sometimes, I’d like to tease them that when I see screaming babies, little brats and ungrateful teenagers, my tubes are tying themselves up. Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to have kids of my own, but babies are God’s gift of life and a blessing. It’s not like a material thing that I can loan from Home Depot, or bargain at a yard sale. (But this is Utah, so sometimes, you’ll never know…)
Then I’ve been so excited to see again my “old friend Wally” (as in Wall-E?) who’s literally getting old and celebrating her Golden 50 next week, woo-hoo!!! But guess what… I haven’t forgiven myself for forgetting to greet my best friend, Ramil, a Happy Birthday last week (July 10).
There were times these past two weeks that tears will just roll down my eyes while driving or washing dishes because I’ve been saddened to know that my friend, Marilyn, who is still fighting for her life over breast cancer, was rushed many times to the hospital and spent days in the ICU this past week. I don’t know how else to cope with her situation but just to offer my prayers so she can live longer.
Early this week, I chatted to a very close friend who moved to Oregon, and to my little sister in Houston. I just missed them so much that I thought I have moved on since they left… but I guess it really takes a while before you get used to being so far away from people you have so much fun with and love dearly.
I’ve been motivating myself lately to kick my self forward so I could move on to the next chapter of my life before this summer just passes me by.
So to start off… I’ve been watching this new telenovela of Claudine Barretto and Gabby Concepcion this week. I would put on my gym outfit and shake by bum-bum dancing along to the HipHop Abs video as my curvaceous body has been yoyo-ing lately (thanks to my best comfort friends, Cheetos and Ruffles!). I’ve been doing pretty busy at work. I went back to church last Sunday after a long time. I spent quality time with my mom and close friends last Sunday. My brother-in-law’s family from Saipan is visiting us this week and our house have been full of action. My dogs are now grown and have realized that there’s a bigger world out there. Shilo and Lily like getting dirty wet around our neighbor’s sprinkler!! It’s priceless to see how my husband chases them around our neighbor’s yard. It’s been fun and great!!
I thought I was doing really well after all until I saw something shiny in my head this morning… I looked closely, and even closer…and it’s not my flakes… You have got to be kidding me!! You guessed it right!! It’s my first silver gray hair!!! Waaaahhhh!!
No comments:
Post a Comment